[SATLUG] SSH Client Software Recommendations

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:21:01 CST 2015

Wow.  Talk about overkill.  Why would you want to install X and a vnc
client on a server just to get to a command line?  On a centralized
development system where you may want to collaborate while developing a
gui application, a vnc is very useful.  On a plain LAMP server, it's
*way* too much bloat.  Perhaps if the server is Windows, then a vnc is a
reasonable solution, but windows is bloat virtually by definition.

   -- Bruce