[SATLUG] uefi woes

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 22:11:50 CST 2015

Thanks for the info David.  I'm glad to report that I got it working
without uefi.  It also seems to boot faster.

It seems that the uefi firmware looks for a vfat partition with a
certain directory structure.  Debian wanted to use uefi even if I
didn't.   I used LFS to build GRUB and used the grub-install command to
put it in place.

I then deleted the vfat partition and it worked just fine.  Sometimes
it's difficult to convince a distro to do what the *user* wants.

   -- Bruce