[SATLUG] DIY linux box demo?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Jul 8 22:02:53 CDT 2015

On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 15:30:22 -0500
Craig <sargonemail at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well,
> >From a historical SATLUG stand point, linux from scratch
> provides a lot of documentation on the software side that didn't
> exist when SATLUG got started.  Putting together a PC from
> parts/scratch seems to have come back into fashion, so do speak,
> although in both a much smaller format and/or a more true
> to "physically build from scratch/near scratch" format.
> Would there be interest in seeing the modern day version of
> "putting together a linux box" at some point in the near future?
>
> Craig

I'd love to see it. Heck, I'd love to be a part of the presentation.
But I live in Orlando, FL, so I can't.

By the way, if, in the spirit of "from scratch", you ever want to
present on initting a computer with an 83 lineOfC PID1 plus
daemontools-encore, let me know, and I'll help you with writing the
presentation.

Also, there's a distro called Plop Linux
(https://www.plop.at/en/ploplinux/index.html), and it's VERY good for
DIY type experimentation.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21