[SATLUG] Funtoo Linux

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Jul 16 17:08:37 CDT 2015

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:54:36 -0500
Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the things they do is try to make it "pretty" for the 5
> seconds you are looking at the grub screen.  That causes a lot more
> problems than it's worth.  If they would just use
> a /boot/grub/grub.d/ directory where they would drop their menuconfig
> lines, it would make it so much easier.
>    -- Bruce

Yes, this never fails to annoy me. If I wanted "pretty", I'd use a Mac.
If I wanted a picture with no feedback about what's happening, I'd use
Windows. I want to see white text scroll up a black screen, nothing
more, and I wish they'd do away with all the pretty.

Steve Litt
July 2015 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century