[SATLUG] small laptop screen

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sun Jun 28 13:29:40 CDT 2015

Thanks, that helped a lot!!

Seems like it can be done with xrandr. In case anyone else comes across
this questions, here is an example that worked on my laptop:

xrandr --output LVDS-0 --mode 1024x600 --fb 1600x1600 --panning 1600x1600

Now I have a 1600x1600 panning area. Perfect!

I was trying to find info on how to integrate this into xorg.conf, but
so far have only found the suggestion to add:

Option "Panning" "1600x1600"

to the monitor section, but the effect of this was I could only see the 1024x600
rectangle at the 0,0 position of the 1600x1600 screen, instead of being able
to use the mouse to pan over the entire space, but the xrandr command sure works.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, that did the trick!
-Borries