[SATLUG] Pi Day

Don Wright wmail at dslextreme.com
Fri Mar 13 20:29:07 CDT 2015

NATHAN OXHANDLER wrote:
>Reminder, Saturday is Pi Day. This year it is special: 3.14 15 Have a piece of Pi at 9:26:53.

Also, remember the South By Southwest team have a Free-and-open to the
public SX Create maker/hacker event running this weekend at the Long
Center for the Performing Arts, 701 W Riverside, just south of the
river. Some of the founders of the Raspberry Pi project will be there.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/pi-day-is-around-the-corner/
http://sxsw.com/exhibitions/sx-create

There is also a "Super Pi Moment" as part of SXSW Interactive. It only
happens once a century - 3/14/15 at 9:26:53am. SXSW badge required.

http://schedule.sxsw.com/2015/events/event_OE03834

Want to remember the decimal value of Pi? Fourteen places OK? How about
167 digits? Here's both:

http://volokh.com/2012/03/14/how-i-need-a-drink/

--
I have seen things you people wouldn't believe. Tourist tongues on
fire over tacos at Mi Tierra. I watched HS bands glitter in the dark