[SATLUG] Windows 7 suggested upgrade solution

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 20:59:21 CDT 2015

*> In "[SATLUG] Windows 7 Update" Joe null.div.zero at gmail.com on
Sun Mar 15 17:00:25 CDT 2015 wrote:
*> Yes, its a SHA 2 update.  Apparently it fails on dual boot machines, was
*> released last Tue, no word from MS on a solution.  I'm starting to wonder
*> if MS will ignore the issue as an unsupported configuration!

Food for thought, spend $35 for Windows 10 upgrade ->
http://www.cnet.com/news/raspberry-pi-2-model-b-is-a-quad-core-upgrade-on-sale-today/
 and just print out one's case cover
http://squareitround.co.uk/Resources/Punnet_net_Alpha3.pdf

Ok, perhaps a bit more if you want a monitor / power supply ->
http://www.pi-top.com/
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wirelessthings/openpi-wireless-computer-for-inventors-makers-and
https://learn.adafruit.com/touch-pi-portable-raspberry-pi/
for the speed :
http://linuxgizmos.com/hackable-pi-like-sbc-runs-linux-and-android-on-quad-core-allwinner-h3/
Can skip the Pi altogether by adding one or more sbc's from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_single-board_computers
although, MS windows wouldn't necessarily run on the other boards.

Anyone try a sata raid setup with orange pi &&
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYFAAPO/ ?

Craig