[SATLUG] hello satlug

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 15:59:57 CST 2015

*Daniel Villarreal* wrote:
> Lan party would be way cool! ...
> We could meet online... I'm sure we could come up with something!
Ummm... solves the group location issues! Optionally, what about a VR
viewer "meeting" ?
For the diy cell phone group, a few ideas :
Google Cardboard v2 Viewer :
http://www.roadtovr.com/google-releases-open-source-plans-for-cardboard-v2-viewer/
Rephone : http://www.damngeeky.com/2015/09/23/35521/rephone-worlds-first-open-source-modular-phone-you-can-build-like-you-want.html
)
Fairphone : http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/10/fairphone-2-hands-on-modular-phones-are-finally-here/
Yay3d : http://www.damngeeky.com/2014/05/08/21158/yay3d-vr-viewer-converts-7-inch-tablet-virtual-reality-3d-entertainment-system.html

> I would like to delve more into Linux From Scratch.
?? modding smartphone using LFS work ??

> I was just doing a new setup of latest OpenBSD on my old hardware....
> albeit with a fast "old-fashioned" hard drive, it's very nice!

That would be the cost several times more than a $66 2-Terabyte modern drive or
no longer has a type of intereface supported by modern motherboards
without needing
more than one conversion gadget type hard drive?

What ever happened to the SATLUG Trinity group that did a presentation
related to
"DOOM" and their code mod/fix to generate minimal network latency?
Wonder if the aforementioned Trinity group would be up for doing a LAN demo
using Google Cardboard v2 Viewer or other suitablely available
smartphone viewers
instead of "bulky" monitors ala LFS-SmartPhone Viewer setup.

Craig