[SATLUG] hello satlug

Eddy Sackinger me at eddysackinger.com
Sun Nov 1 18:32:50 CST 2015

I used to host LAN Parties and if people are interested I would be open to
organizing/hosting/going to one somewhere but I don't really know very many
people in San Antonio...

For Laptop docks look at the Motorola Atrix 4G, it ran Android 2.3 but had
a very limited Ubuntu chroot (they called it webtop) that came out to play
when connected to a special dock.

Thanks, Eddy

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Daniel Villarreal <youcanlinux at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11/01/15 18:02, Eddy Sackinger wrote:
>
>> Just a warning I just joined the SATLUG email list today, because I want
>> get to know other Linux users with cool ideas where I currently am, let me
>> know if I'm out of line or whatever.
>>

> New ideas are good!
>
> I have never worked in the Linux industry, but I use Linux on a daily
>> basis in both my phone (Sometimes
>> Sailfish OS, sometimes Android) and my laptop (Arch Linux).
>>

> Sounds like you have a cool skillset there.
>
> I would be interested in doing some work with LFS.  What kind of Laptop
>> docking station are you thinking about?  When I think of a smartphone
>> laptop docking station, I think of something that pipes a smartphone to a
>> laptop type shell, and therefore wouldn't need LFS.  I haven't directly
>> worked with LFS before but I want to learn.
>>

> I never knew that stuff like this existed, I'll have to check it out.
>
> Thanks,
>> Eddy Sackinger
>>

> later,
> Daniel V.