[SATLUG] family computing

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 06:37:18 CST 2015

My son wants to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on his laptop.

I used to dual-boot it with Linuxmint, then I wanted to re-partition the
laptop to keep fragmenting to a minimum (!)... Before starting the
laptop for the first time, I imaged the hd to an external hd (500GB, but
it only used a fraction of that)... I'm preparing to back up the data,
and test this original image before proceeding... He's a gamer and so at
some point I hope to run the gaming version of Ultimate Edition and/or
Steam from an USB3-connected external hd. He has tried Linux, so he's
got an more of an idea of what the laptop is capable of.
I didn't see an easy way of doing LoL under Linux, so he's not impressed
with Linux.

I told my son that, if possible, he'll want to keep his options open so
he can go back to 8.1 if he doesn't like version 10.

regards,
Daniel Villarreal
http://www.youcanlinux.org/