[SATLUG] family computing

shannon shannon at inflecto.org
Sat Nov 7 14:05:21 CST 2015

Hello Daniel,

 From what I have seen over the past few months Microsoft is doing there
best to force the Windows 10 upgrade on everything. Even if you fall
back to your Windows 8.1 image, the Windows 10 update will still be
pushed if the laptop is connected to the internet. Someone may know a
way around this but in the long run Microsoft will stop supporting 8.1
all together.

On the Linux side of things for gaming have you tried playonlinux?
Playonlinux is a wine front end that has scripted support for many
windows games including league of legends, blizzard games and so on.

Things aren't always easy. That's what makes thing worth doing.