[SATLUG] family computing

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 20:42:11 CST 2015

Howdy Shannon,

On 11/07/15 15:05, shannon wrote:
> ... Microsoft ... to force the Windows 10 upgrade on everything...
 > in the long run Microsoft will stop supporting 8.1 all together.

Insofar as people are willing to "upgrade," but I didn't want to really
focus on this.

Perhaps more relevant to this mailing list is how Microsoft is
collaboring with Red Hat, or would that be Red Hat collaborating with
Microsoft...

Microsoft and Red Hat to deliver new standard for enterprise cloud
experiences
http://www.redhat.com/en/about/press-releases/microsoft-and-red-hat-deliver-new-standard-enterprise-cloud-experiences

> On the Linux side of things for gaming have you tried playonlinux?

No, I haven't. Thanks for letting me know.

> Playonlinux is a wine front end that has scripted support for many
> windows games including league of legends, blizzard games and so on.

Cool, I should look into this!

> Things aren't always easy. That's what makes thing worth doing.

Yes... There are lots of ways to compute nowadays... but I try to
keep things simple. If everything could be as simple as the OpenBSD
install routine!

I don't mind running WINE on the laptop, it's been a long time since
I've used it.

regards,
Daniel Villarreal
http://www.youcanlinux.org/