[SATLUG] SATLUG Meetings

Nathan Templeton nathantempleton at live.com
Sun Nov 8 03:15:37 CST 2015

Sorry for the late reply to this all.. But I do currently work at the
Rack. If that is a more convenient place to meet. I can look into that..
I know that is where the meetings where held 3 years ago when I first
moved to SA.

It was not the kind of LUG I was used to. It was more focused on pushing
projects and less and on learning and teaching. So I stopped going after
a few meetings.

I would love to bring them back to the Rack, so feel free to email me
directly,  I would also love to help create some great talks for
practical family linux: i.e. "How can I really game on linux" address
cedega, playonlinux and strait up wine tweaking. "Linux is awesome.. But
how do I print?", "Open Office is okay.. but what else is out there?" "
I would love to help cultivate a training program to prep for the
RHCSA/LPIC1 regardless of where you are starting from. I would really
enjoy teaching a "what the hell is linux" class/presentation for the
recent or those that are looking at switching. I also come with
cisco/juniper experience focusing on microwave transmission systems.

  I have done the LFS gamet with Debian and Fedora. I started out with
Slack around 1998, since then I have distro hopped from Ubuntu to Arch.

  I would love to teach what I know, learn what I do not. And in the
interim help a group of like minded people  become better with their
passion.

V/R

Gypsie