[SATLUG] OT: Prep for safe equipment disposal

Alan Lesmerises alesmerises at satx.rr.com
Mon Oct 26 21:13:06 CDT 2015

My wife & I were discussing the inevitable -- the eventuality of one of
us passing -- and a subject came up that I didn't have a good answer for.

I have more than a couple of computers, external hard drives, flash
drives, etc., and at least some of them will have some sensitive
information on them.  My wife is totally not computer literate so she
wouldn't know how to securely wipe all the data off of them, and I
didn't find any Yellow Pages listings that would seem to cover a service
like that, other than the generic PC repair shops and I wouldn't know if
they would trustworthy enough for that type of thing.

What would be your suggestions for looking for a service like that?

Al Lesmerises