[SATLUG] OT: Prep for safe equipment disposal

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 07:49:01 CDT 2015

Teach her how to wipe the hard drives... Don't forget the RAM chips, see
below...

"Secure Deletion of Data from Magnetic and Solid-State Memory" by Peter
Gutmann
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/secure_del.html

Dr. Gutmann uses and recommends dban...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dban/
or you can get it on PartedMagic (commercial nowadays)

kind regards,
Daniel Villarreal
http://www.youcanlinux.org/
(I've started using GooglePlus and I've added to my profile)