[SATLUG] Microsoft is now using Linux!

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Oct 29 10:06:59 CDT 2015

On Oct 29, 2015, at 12:19 AM, Leo Midha <leoem at stealth3.com> wrote:

> Microsoft is not the big evil empire it once was.  Hell, Alphabet and
> Apple may be worse in their own ways.  you don't like Microsoft, sure.

Microsoft might not be the One and Only Evil Empire that it once was, but it’s still Evil-with-a-Capital-E, and it’s still definitely an Empire-with-a-Capital-E.

Just because Google and Oracle are also Evil Empires that must now be contended with, doesn’t necessarily make Microsoft any less Evil.

The enemy of my enemy is not always my friend.

As for Microsoft stealing from other companies and other OSes, where’s the news in that?  They’ve been doing that for … how many decades?

> But jesus, someone post an interesting article, and boom - the nuts fall
> from the trees….

If continuing to hate Microsoft makes me a nut in your book, then I’m fine with that.  In that case, I think that I would rather be a nut.