[SATLUG] Thinking of upgrading network

Philip Cammarata philip at cammarata.me
Sat Apr 2 21:15:49 CDT 2016

I have a similar setup but I went with a EdgeRouter (PoE)
https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgerouter-poe/ which came with a nice three
port hardware switch builtin and the ability to PoE which if you are going
with a Ubiquiti AC Lite or LR (https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-lite/)
you can use without a power brick.  The Pro I think requires an actual
industry standard PoE connection which you'd have to use the included PoE
injector, standard power adapter or another Router/Switch.

Ubiquiti's GUIs are nice although not as feature complete as their CLI
counterpart and even that left something to be desired.