[SATLUG] SSD Tips for the Xubuntu User

Philip Cammarata philip at cammarata.me
Wed Apr 6 12:46:59 CDT 2016

I'm always a firm supporter of using an SSD for OS AND commonly accessed
files/locations.  You will probably do the majority of your reading and
writing to your home folder so why not let that benefit as well?  A lot of
your applications will just sit in RAM and I'd wager to bet that most of
your wait times are an IO operation.

I tend to store media files, games or old documents on a mechanical under
/mnt or something similar.  Just how I do things.  A lot of variables to
consider but I spend 90% of my time in 10% of my data.