[SATLUG] Antenna shop in town

Don Wright wmail at dslextreme.com
Fri Aug 12 11:37:44 CDT 2016

Jose Leiva wrote:

>Any of you ham users know of a shop that I can buy an omni directional antenna.
>I am looking for a 900mhz outdoor antenna, it's not for ham but for video transmission.
>San Antonio or Austin shop would work.

Not sure how many hams are active here. I haven't seen a local store
since KCOMM closed, though there was news about a small effort back in
2013.
http://sarepeater.net/index.php/2013/02/03/new-ham-store-opens-in-san-antonio/

Most everything else looks like industrial radio, so might have
something for that band.
http://www.yellowpages.com/san-antonio-tx/ham-radio-equipment

You might drop by www.10BitWorks.com Saturday afternoon during their
open house. They have a club station and several hams often show up, and
Part 15 uses certainly fall within their interests.

Darn, you just missed the Texas ARRL Convention and Austin Summerfest.
Probably were a few bargains there. http://www.austinsummerfest.org/

  --DonW

--
When you see the Christmas Lights go up in the stores, you know
Thanksg..  Hallo..,  uh, *Labor Day* can't be far behind!