[SATLUG] Re: Cron Weekly site

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:12:52 CDT 2016

> >* "Can you get cp to give a progress bar like wget?"
> *
> I thought it was interesting, so I looked into it. The code for it is
> almost entirely in its own C file. There's a corresponding header file
> to it.
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/wget/trunk/annotate/head:/src/progress.c
> Christopher Lemire
Ctypes would permit the use of  the wget code directly in the bash shell.
Although pv source code might be more useful, even if it overcomplicates
the simple command line cp <(pv src) dest
It might be a more interesting exercise to make use of mpi-bash (
http://github.com/losalamos/MPI-Bash/wiki ) to speed up the copy process
feeding the "copy bytes" to a single pv  progress/% bar .
Does pv become the bottleneck then?