[SATLUG] Re: Cron Weekly site

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:12:52 CDT 2016

> >* "Can you get cp to give a progress bar like wget?"
> *
> I thought it was interesting, so I looked into it. The code for it is
> almost entirely in its own C file. There's a corresponding header file
> to it.
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/wget/trunk/annotate/head:/src/progress.c
>
> Christopher Lemire

Ctypes would permit the use of  the wget code directly in the bash shell.
http://github.com/taviso/ctypes.sh/wiki
Although pv source code might be more useful, even if it overcomplicates
the simple command line cp <(pv src) dest
It might be a more interesting exercise to make use of mpi-bash (
http://github.com/losalamos/MPI-Bash/wiki ) to speed up the copy process
feeding the "copy bytes" to a single pv  progress/% bar .
Does pv become the bottleneck then?

Craig