[SATLUG] Freezing Mint

musix ron.j.mann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 02:11:45 CDT 2016

Alan,

I ran into the same issues with Linux Mint 17.3 - 64 bit (KDE &
Cinnamon). On KDE, the mouse would move, but I could not click on
anything or type. Cinnamon would just freeze up entirely. It would
happen different computers (laptops and desktop). This covered AMD &
Intel based systems. The CPU did not seem to matter. Some had Nvidia
graphics while others used integrated graphics. The issues happened
independent of additional video drivers being installed or not. In most
cases, I would have to turn the device off and then boot it up again.
There were no error messages or anything else that I could find. Not
that this helps with finding a solution, but you are not alone with
this mystery.

On a side note, it gave me a reason to look at other distros for a
while.

Jason