[SATLUG] 3d printed, wearable threads computer

Craig sargonemail at gmail.com
Thu May 26 19:07:04 CDT 2016

*In "[SATLUG] Linux pocket pc" Alan Lesmerises,alesmerises at satx.rr.com
<http://satx.rr.com> wrote:*

>>On 5/23/2016 6:10 PM, Craig wrote:
>>* Any experiences using a phone using a non-android linux?
*>>* e.g. http://maruos.com/#/ <http://maruos.com/#/>
*>>>>* Craig
*> I hadn't ... yet.  But this gives me a great idea for repurposing my
> 'old' Galaxy S4!

Ah, but will it be used as the brains for the family 3d printed robot
contraption or control center for an collection of IoT/automation hardware?

I'm kinda holding out for a practical, almost completely diy 3d
printed wearable,
non-VonNeuman implimentation of an FPGA suit (based on racetrack
memory / memristor) integrated with :
3d printed wearable battery layer (e.g. graphene based supercapacitor)
3d printed memory/storage wearable layer;
3d printed wearable charging layer (via solar, body kinetics, body
thermals, and wireless power);
and of course the obligatory "non-3d printable" legacy connections such as usb
so one can plug in wire/wireless connectivity (e.g. microSD wifi -
http://phasenoise.livejournal.com/1500.html),
"VonNeuman style" pc stix's, or Google style glasses.
Personal preference would be for
http://technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=4669
over color eink display (http://mashable.com/2016/05/24/color-e/#B2kGFQbzwqq7 )
in t-shirt format (http://mashable.com/2016/05/24/color-e/#B2kGFQbzwqq7 )
as the Begbroke method can place it on things other than shirt, such
as glasses )
Alas, until the copyright expires on eink & Begbroke methods, will
have to stick with
http://gizmodo.com/color-changing-threads-might-one-day-turn-your-t-shirt-1774966030
and a suitable, refined version(s) of http://openknit.org/ or
http://openmaterials.org/osloom-an-open-source-computer-controlled-loom/