[SATLUG] Issue installing Kali 2016.2 to external SSD

David Nazzaro NZKshatriya at outlook.com
Mon Sep 19 13:08:11 CDT 2016

I am having a small issue creep up after installation of Kali onto an external SSD.

The SSD in question is a SanDisk SDSSDA-120G.

After installation from a Live USB, my laptops UEFI bios does not seem to pick up the SSD at all.

I have Debian 8 installed on a second SDSSDA-120G, which boots fine, all I have to do is manually set the preferred boot loader to debian in bios.

Secure boot is not the issue as I have made sure that is disabled.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks.