[SATLUG] Linux workshop(s) concept(s)

Joe null.div.zero at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 21:14:24 CDT 2017

Any possibility this could evolve into, or perhaps be followed by, a grep
sed & awk workshop, or a web or linux LDAP to manage a mixed domain
workshop?  Python also seems like a natural progression for RPi.

On a side note, I read that windows powershell is now open source, I've
played with it minimally in a windows domain, anyone adopting it for a
Linux environment?  I was surprised to learn that it's primary use case is
not a scripting language, but a distributed system management tool.  One
use I saw was to disable a specific service on every computer in a an AD
environment, or copy the startup state of all the services on a known good
machine, and literally paste them into an misbehaving machine.  It really
blew my mind.  If no one is using PS on Linux, have your heard of anything
like it?  I know sometimes the community has trouble getting behind MS
software, even if it is open source. So, if there's something else out
there like this that might gain traction, I'd be excited to know about it.

On Apr 17, 2017 7:24 PM, "Richard Courchesne" <richardcourchesne at att.net>