[SATLUG] APC UPS Help

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Aug 12 14:41:03 CDT 2017

On Aug 11, 2017, at 9:22 PM, Peter Cross <pjcrux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was given a BN4001 UPS without a battery. For the life of me I cannot figure out what battery to get. Google is no help, APC's website sucks (or maybe this user sucks at using it), and even searching on amazon and eBay gives me many returns of varying sizes and voltages, amp hours, and physical size.
>
> Can someone help a brother out?

Speaking only for myself, I've bought many APC UPSes over the years.  Every time I have a battery go out on one of them, I take it down to Batteries Plus, they walk around to the right spot on the shelf for that type of unit, and ask me if I want a 7 or a 9 replacement, where a 7 would be equivalent to the what is shipped out of the box, and a 9 would get you a little extended runtime beyond standard.

I'm not entirely sure if they're talking about watts or volts or whatever, but they always know exactly what I need and what will fit, and they have it in stock, on the shelf.

But maybe that's just me and the places I go to up here in Austin.